Scope and approval
QWIC does not sell your data
QWIC will not sell your personal information to third parties. We only provide data to those third parties who are involved in processing your order.
How do we gather your personal information?
We collect your personal information in the following cases:
If you provide us with details, for example:
- by signing up for our newsletter
- when buying a product in our webshop
- when getting in touch with QWIC via phone, mail, e-mail, or online via a chatbot or online contact form;
When you visit our website.
We collect the following personal information:
Data we collect automatically:
When you visit and/or use our website, we automatically gather the data transmitted to us by your device which you’re accessing with. These data may be collected through cookies – if this is the case, the chapter “Cookies” applies in addition to this chapter. The personal data we collect are, among others:
– browser data,
– duration of your visit,
– Subpages that you visit,
– Links that you click
– location data based on your IP address,
– Connection data, such as the IP address.
Personal data you provide us with (when placing an order):
|First and last name||Because we would like to address you by name.|
|E-mail address||You always receive a message and the invoice to your purchase via e-mail. If you have given your consent, you also subscribe to our e-mail newsletter. In case you do not want to receive our updates anymore, you can cancel it at the bottom of the newsletter anytime.|
|Address||We forward your address to one of our QWIC dealers (your nearest point of sale), so your e-bike can be delivered in time.|
|Telephone number||We only approach you, if it is necessary when processing your order.|
|Bank details||If you are not satisfied with your purchase, we will transfer the money back to the bank account that you paid the invoice from.|
|Details of your order||If there should be any problems with your order, we will be able to help you the fastest way possible.|
How do we use your personal information?
- When you place an order, we will need your name, e-mail address, delivery address and payment details to complete the purchase and keep you informed of its progress.
In order to make the use of our website as easy as possible for you, we store your personal data (with your consent), data relating to your order and to the use of our services. That way, we can personalize the site and recommend items that might interest you.
- Only with your approval, we use your data to inform you about developments at QWIC. If you do not want to know about it, you can unsubscribe anytime at the end of a newsletter.
- Data on the use of our website and the feedback we receive from our visitors help us to further develop and improve the website.
- We collect data to answer your questions via phone, mail, email or online via a chatbot or online contact form. In that case we ask you to provide us information which is needed to handle your request (for managing our contractual relation and/or comply a legal obligation).
- When you communicate with chatbots (automated messengers), we will also registrate the conversation, how you interact with the bot and registrate the data regarding the device you are using. Depending on the platform where the chatbot is active and your authorization, we can collect device data, such as: IP address, social media channel, time zone, country and GPS location. The platform the chatbot offers is also able to collect similar data.
- We process the data to provide you an optimized customer service in case your request refers to an order or because we have a legitimate interest in helping you and optimize our service.
Transfer of your personal data to third parties:
|Processors||What they do|
|Google Analytics||Google Analytics gathers information about the use of our website. These data show us, how you got to our website and how long you visited it for.|
|Google Tag Manager||With the Google Tag Manager we place tags on our website to measure its use and analyse actions.|
|Salesforce||Salesforce is the “Customer Relationship Management” platform we use to enhance our customer experiences. Salesforce offers the right interactions in the right moments. The CRM-software makes sure that everyone at QWIC can access the correct customer details anytime.|
You can lodge a complaint about the above disclosure by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
We also share your personal information with third parties if required by applicable law or legislation (for example copyright owners, regulators, tax authorities, the police and other law enforcement agencies). We will not disclose your personal information to law enforcement agencies, other government agencies, or any other third party without a warrant or formal request, unless QWIC has the impression that the disclosure is justified.
Duration of storage
We will not retain your information for longer than necessary – only for the purposes, which it was collected and processed for. In addition, we will delete your information if we find that it is outdated, or if you ask us to delete it yourself. Data associated with a user account is stored until the account is deleted. The named retention periods do not apply in case of a legal exception or if we require this data longer in the context of our service or in connection with a dispute. You can ask us to delete your personal information. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Backup of your personal data:
We take all reasonable organizational and technical measures to safeguard your personal data and protect it against loss, misuse or alteration.
Links to other websites:
Our website contains links to third party websites that may have different terms and conditions for the processing of your personal information. QWIC is not responsible for the processing of your personal data on these third party websites.
You have the right to ask QWIC to inspect your personal information. If you send us an appropriate request, we will provide you with an overview of all personal data concerning you that are in our possession. If you suspect that your personal data contains contains errors or has been processed incorrectly, you can ask us to correct, complement or delete the data. Use one of the following options:
Send a letter to the following address:
Pedro de Medinalaan 11
1086 XK Amsterdam
Send an e-mail to:
The option refers to your possibility to cancel our newsletter at the end of each e-mail.
Complaints and requests for inspection, modification or deletion of your personal data are processed, except in exceptional cases, in accordance with the legal provisions within four weeks.
Right of appeal
If you would like to file a complaint against the processing of your personal data or have a question about it, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. We ask you to send us as much information as possible about your complaint or question in addition to the mail. We will process your concern and respond within four weeks. We make every effort to meet your wishes as satisfactorily as possible. If you are not satisfied with the handling of your complaint, you can turn to the Dutch Personal Data Protection Authority “Autoriteit persoonsgegevens” to file a complaint there.